View Single Post
Old 23 November 2018, 02:59 AM   #47
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
For all who do not insure, I have a question. Why did you think the AD/Boutique or even gray gives you an appraisal at time of purchase? We insure cars which depreciate like rocks but silly enough to not insure a watch, which in many cases has a higher value than a car and holds its value better? Sorry for being a jerk but this was always just common sense to me. And we aren't talking about 5k datejusts here in this particular sub forum either, so even more mind boggling.

I feel like we see these types of stories way more than we should given the types of people you would expect to be here buying $20k+ watches. It really is just bizarre to me and hope we stop seeing these threads, getting them insured is very easy and inexpensive given what we are spending on these pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'm sure there are people on this forum that could lose a watch of that value and not think twice!!! It would be like me losing $100.00. Or maybe they've had so many claims in the past that they can't get insurance. Some may choose not to have insurance and roll the dice. When I travel by plane, I bring one watch, the one I'm wearing.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote