View Single Post
Old 7 December 2018, 12:43 AM   #4
jeffnnj
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoenoadad View Post
I finally decided to take the plunge on a SeaDweller as a nice paring with my black DaytonaC. Stopped into an AD here in London yesterday just on a whim, with no expectation whatsoever that they would have one available. Left my name and email, and was told they'd be in touch. Fine. A few hours later I get a message that if I can commit the next day, the watch was mine. Needless to say I immediately responded "YES!" and even came to work today without my Daytona on my wrist, ready for the SD43 to take its new place. When I spoke to the salesman, I was told that actually, the SeaDweller is reserved for "special" customers who have spent more than 15,000 quid in the store this year. So I could spend the money for the privilege of then spending more on the SeaDweller, or I could wait and hope (though in fairness, he did offer me a Sub).

I know this happens all over these days, but to be told that I'd have the watch today only to have the rug pulled out from under me just feels...not right. No idea if this was a ploy to get me to buy a different watch the whole time or just an honest mistake, but either way leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Very seriously considering the TS route as prices have come down a bit on the SD though I do enjoy buying direct from an AD if possible. Everyone at work keeps asking me why I'm in a bad mood and when I try to explain, they are rather perplexed at the whole thing! Such is life in 2018 WIS world I guess...

I would tell him that you need to pick up an anniversary gift for your wife and are looking for something square around 8 karats. Ask him to check his inventory, make a deal over the phone and block his number. I hate assholes like that. Pardon my French but really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jeffnnj is offline   Reply With Quote