View Single Post
Old 7 December 2018, 05:31 PM   #106
ferdinand07
"TRF" Member

Got mine yesterday

I was in Singapore 3 months back for a conference, where I came across Blancpain boutique Marina Bay Sands, not knowing a lot about Blancpain then. Asked the assistant for small sized watches when he came back with two watches: MilSpec and OC3. Tried them both, love at first try :) I have small wrists, 15 cm, and have been very selective to find watches, nothing larger than 40 mm (116520 and Moser Cie venturer 39mm are the ones I own). Both MilSpec and OC3 fit perfectly on my wrist. When I was taken aback when he (assistant) told me the price. Not planning to spend SGD 19,500 that day, I walked out with wrist shots. I spent the whole day thinking, looking at the pics, and researching. Came back the next day to the boutique, still not wanting to justify the hefty price tag, I went back to Jakarta, Indonesia.

I kept researching further on MilSpec and found out the whole pedigree and how special this MilSpec is. Following week, I made a deposit. Told them I'd be back in 3 months. Yesterday, I collected the watch there, which seems to be the very last piece Blancpain boutique sold (the boutique assistant texted me today telling me this). Couldn't be happier. I love the semi-vintage timeless design that does not say "look at me Im wearing a fancy watch". It is small, but the just the good right size for a very understated, less pronounced piece of history, art, and engineering. Something I will keep forever and pass it down, for sure.

I ll post more photos soon (sorry these ones are rather spontaneous shots made at the airport). The box is amazing too :)

Overall, I had a very delightful experience with Blancpain. Very.

Good job BP, hope they come out with new 40mm FF in 2019.

Cheers,
Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg MilSpec 1.jpeg (63.5 KB, 545 views)
File Type: jpeg MilSpec 2.jpeg (65.1 KB, 542 views)
ferdinand07 is offline   Reply With Quote