View Single Post
Old 9 December 2018, 06:44 PM   #173
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexvd View Post
I have mentioned this previously in other discussions of the vintage watch market but the financial markets have been very strong over the last few years. What happens to the luxury markets or more specifically the vintage watch collecting market when the financial markets take a down turn. How will that effect the flow of money in and out of the vintage watch collecting market?

I haven't been in this hobby long enough to have experience of how 2008-2009 effected values but I am sure there are other more experienced collectors that have been involved in this hobby through several market downturns to know how the hobby may be effected.
The other thing I wonder is if there were hobby collecting or luxury markets that took a down turn with the last recession, that never really recovered.
Every collectable field took a big hit in 2009 and with the exception of watches, jewelry and modern and contemporary art and, maybe, cars, none of them ever recovered. Today, most people only want things that are wearable and that includes the ubiquitous tattoos.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote