View Single Post
Old 29 December 2008, 09:45 AM   #25
Spencer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat30093 View Post
Thanks Spence, what for you makes it the Ultimate Sports watch. Compared to say the Daytona (apart from having a date LOL) or Panerai etc?
That’s a good question. I mean to each their own, but I just feel that the AP’s classic yet individualistic styling, prestige, and ruggedness, really set it apart. I know that watches like the Sub have been around for years, but I think that when the original Royal Oak and Patek Nautilus came out back in the 70’s, it really started the sports watch craze. Additionally I like the fact that most people don’t really even know what it is. I mean when you see it, it is big, and has a presence, so watch novices can appreciate it, however I’d be willing to be that most people wouldn’t necessarily think it’s any pricier than say a Sub, because not as many people are familiar with Audemars Piguet.

As far as comparing it to a Daytona, well I have a Daytona too, and I love it. It’s funny cause I ma more paranoid wearing my Daytona than the AP. I mean the AP is HUGE, so you can scratch it easily, but I think that the polished links of the Daytona for some reason I am far more careful when I wear it over the AP ROO.

Resident Audemars Piguet Fanatic
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote