View Single Post
Old 6 January 2019, 03:33 AM   #14
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasus View Post
If you want "classic" / "timeless" / "understated" / "monochrome" / "collectible"

in the royal oak offshore you don't really have many options, mainly in the understated department.

You could look to acquire a 25721ST "Beast" the original Offshore iteration or the reissue Beast 26237ST which fits checks all of the boxes and is as understated as a Royal Oak Offshore can get.

In terms of collectibility I don't think anybody would say that the 25721ST is not collectible, it is very collectible and affordable. Its not quite there as an icon like the 5402 but it is slowly moving to that direction. Plus it does not have an insane price tag you see on current models, E and D series (the original versions) can be had for as low as 15'000.- USD but they usually sell nearly instantly at that price point.

I do recommend any buyers to budget in 2k USD service costs just in case there is an issue with the movement, since the watch is still less than 25 years old until 2019 its going to be a fixed price of 1500.- USD to fix it. If you buy after 2019 and find out the watch needs servicing, expect to pay much more.

Here is a photo of my 25721ST

I’d agree with this. I also have a 25721st Beast and it’s a joy to wear. If you can find one in good condition that is full set, go for it. As mentioned, these are gradually becoming more collectible.

Pics of mine:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote