View Single Post
Old 20 January 2019, 04:08 PM   #129
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigerBelair View Post
I think he comes off like an absolute AP bootlicker and does not appear to be unbiased in any material way. He's not alone in this regard. Other "critics" are equally to blame.

Also, the rank condescension displayed by people who claim one can't fairly judge the watch via pictures (unless you like the watch then of course giving the watch the thumbs up based on a picture is just fine!) is more than a little off putting: I don't need to see a watch in the metal to confirm that I hate and will never buy a watch with a date lazily placed at 4:30.

Further, that is what many, many people do in this hobby: they look at pictures and read reviews to take a first cut from the cohort of watches they may purchase in the future. The watches that survive the initial winnowing are then looked at in more detail including in the metal. Claiming otherwise as a way to try and downplay the aborted product launch Code 11.59 (even by 2019 standards that name is beyond stupid) has turned out to be is deeply disingenuous.

Finally, the way the CEO has handled the backlash is a case study in how not to handle an adverse situation and his actions have personally soured me on the entire brand.

Yeah, I completely agree. I do not like how he has handled it at all and it has turned me off a little from AP, which I never thought I would say. I'll keep the ones I have but very unlikely I would buy anything else they are putting out. And to be honest, the 41mm+ offerings they have clearly prioritized aren't of interest to me anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote