View Single Post
Old 30 January 2019, 08:59 PM   #79
DoDe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfigs82 View Post
Yeah, I know that was a bit harsh but put yourself in the shoes of the victim. Imagine how he felt reading that garbage after being scammed, regardless of the dollar amount that is unacceptable. You don’t ridicule a man for being trusting, then make a condescending remark essentially kicking him while he’s down. I thought this was a place where like minded people stuck together and help each other out. Smh. Sorry if my knee jerk reaction to that a-holes comments offended you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree that the comment about the bridge in Brooklyn was condescending. And I feel really sorry for what happened to OP. He admit he did something stupid, and he deserves a lot of credit for telling his story and warning others on this forum. However, these kind of stories apperantly does not keep others from doing the same. I wonder if the only thing that really works is pointing out that if you do in fact wire a lot of money to a total strenger its like getting a random jeweler to polish your watch, buy a Rolex that someone got from his grandfather, or buy a bridge.
DoDe is offline   Reply With Quote