View Single Post
Old 21 February 2019, 11:17 PM   #14
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexlover1992 View Post
Hello fellow members.
I was wondring how far is the gap between these two houses, btw im talking about normal sized breitlings like the A49350, i really like this model and wanted to get your opinion.
Thank you in advance
The navitimer is one of the most respected and longest running chronographs in the business period. However the “gap” is a perceived one based on value-Rolex holds its value far better. I have owned both and can tell you my breitling were tough as nails, accurate, and reliable. Now both breitling I owned did not have the in house movement. I owned a breitling for 12 years never serviced and ran brilliantly. Breitling has also introduced some well respected in house movements. My Navi and chronomat has excellent quality straps/bracelet, and the finishing was on par with Rolex.

Style wise, (other than the navitimer) breitling is all over the place and I think struggling to finds its identity. Their recent watches have been very large (though interestingly enough the giant 46mm Navi is more popular than the smaller version) and very shiny. Now breitling gets a bad rap for this as my Daytona with pcl is quite blingy as are the gmt’s so a bit of a double standard there.

Ultimately you should buy what you like to wear. I like that when I wear my Navi I almost never see another on someone’s wrist. Where with my 16610, I walk down the hall at my workplace and can spot 2-3.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote