View Single Post
Old 12 March 2019, 01:16 PM   #1
Howlerbro
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR GMT II
Boutique relationships

I currently live in Los Angeles so have the good fortune of being in close proximity to all of the boutiques on Rodeo Dr. Needless to say that whenever my wife suggests a weekend stroll in that area I'm the first one in the car.

Over the last few months I've struck up a decent relationship with a few of the sales people at some of the stores, namely IWC and Panerai - there are a few models from each I'd consider getting when the time is right. My issue however is knowing that I'll likely never get a discount at either location, and that each of these brands take a decent beating in the secondary. Value retention is not the most important factor to me but important nonetheless in case I fall out of love down the road. Anyone else feel guilty about developing a relationship with a boutique salesperson only knowing you'll eventually buy somewhere else, or is it just me? I know the perks of this type of relationship extend beyond a 10-20% discount but I have a hard time wrapping my arms around a $12.3k PAM + 10% tax when Chrono and others suggest $10k BINB.
Howlerbro is offline   Reply With Quote