View Single Post
Old 14 April 2019, 04:02 PM   #35
patriot885
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726/1A-001 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisha40299 View Post
I have had my 5712 in SS for over 3 years. Absolutely love the watch and wear at least few times per week. However due to current market was pondering with idea to trade for something with “complicated movement” or vintage. I currently have Daytona and GMT as well.

1. Would you trade It?

2. What watch would you consider to trade it towards ? I think I can get in mid $50s in trade value.

Some of the ones I’ve considered are Lange Datograh, Vintage Daytona ( not sure if I can find one at this range), AP Perpetual

Adding money is not really an option. I was curious to get feedback from fellow enthusiasts. I know it’s ultimately my decision but appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in Advance!
The figure of 50K-60K is not significant enough to trade a watch that you like and wear often, because of the simple reason that buying a 50K watch for wearing is not unusual, so you would do it anyway if you liked it and you didn't have it already (i guess). Second, IMO, the only watch worth trading a watch as described (which you like) is to a really serious piece, a Grand Complication which you can't get in this price range (as far as i know).
Anyway, DO NOT trade it to another watch which isn't a Patek, if this is your only Patek. The vintage Daytona? it's like a Vintage car, different category. You won't find there what you so in a new Patek.
patriot885 is offline   Reply With Quote