View Single Post
Old 26 April 2019, 12:31 AM   #17
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

One comment from an experience I had.... several months ago I purchased a Rolex Daytona 116520 (steel with the steel bezel) only to learn later that the watch I purchased had been stolen. I eventually got my money back but in the process I was put in touch with the original owner who told me that he lived in LA and had his house broken into one night while he and his family had gone on a vacation. He mentioned that he had a safe in the house which is where he kept his watches and other valuables. The police told him after that, in their opinion, keeping the watches in the safe was the worst idea because the thieves first target is the safe and that he would be better off (if keeping them at home) to hide them some place less obvious. I recently took my family on a vacation and before I left (having not made the time to place the watches at the bank safe deposit) I hid mine in a place I felt was as good as I could do and was happy I came home without incident. Final thought, I recently acquired a new watch for my collection and the dealer gave me some interesting advice. Rather than have the watches insured on my homeowners insurance, he gave me some info on a separate company just for watches. His feeling was that if I had a watch stolen or damaged (hey, you can get mugged or be out of town and they take it from a hotel or whatever) that making a claim on this separate policy would save me from dealing with unnecessary claims on my homeowners policy that would increase my deductibles. I’ve not yet looked into the company he mentioned but it is something I’m going to look into.

Hoping none of you ever have to experience having a watch stolen or for that matter, dealing with buying a stolen watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LoveTheCrown is offline   Reply With Quote