View Single Post
Old 5 May 2019, 12:29 AM   #43
~JJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoleMan View Post
All your assumptions will lead you astray. The reality is that I like to purchase a watch to commemorate a special occasion, not just to purchase a watch. This way it has far more meaning than just being an expensive piece of jewelry. The only problem is, the current watch market doesn't allow me to stroll into my boutique or AD when I have a deal or ceremonious occasion to celebrate.

On the contrary, I receive a call and am made to make the decision on the spot. Once I purchase it, if I have nothing at the time to mark the occasion, I keep them boxed up until I have a reason to justify that purchase. I'll then unwrap, get it sized, and celebrate over dinner. Call it weird, odd, whatever- I don't care.

Each has his own outlook, but I realize how incredibly fortunate I am to purchase these watches on a whim, and because of that I never want them to lose the meaning these purchases can/should have. This is my way of cementing that never changes. I just did the same thing with a recently acquired Rolex. And it makes it SO much more enjoyable to wear for me. Your mileage may vary.
Time to put the waders on, its getting deep in here.
~JJ is offline   Reply With Quote