View Single Post
Old 5 May 2019, 03:50 AM   #27
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
TRF has never received any financial benefit from any GTG.
TRF has never received any financial benefit or reward from any Wiscon or AboutLife GTG activity.

However, on a personal level I do not believe a "non-refundable deposit" for $150 should be retained for a dinner/food when the attendee arrives at a restaurant and is told is not a seat for him to sit down.

I personally feel if a person pays $150 as a pre-payment and they turn up to the event they deserve to get a seat. The payment secures a place and it shouldn't be subject to further confirmation by the attendee that makes no sense. If the attendee doesn't turn up and there is an empty seat at the dinner/event then the $150 covers the cost to the restaurant.

I personally feel a refund is warranted but only the party who received the money or otherwise benefited from it can give a refund.

Accordingly, I cannot give a 'refund'.
I can however make a discretionary payment under no compulsion or request to do so.

Similarly, I am shocked to hear bills dropped on dining tables at the end of a meal for thousands and thousands of dollars.

I want the recipient of this compensation payment to remain anonymous for fear he/she may be harassed. Again I stress this was a totally voluntary payment by me.

Attachment 1039226

Attachment 1039227

Attachment 1039228

I will hear (privately) from anyone who believes he/she should receive a refund for compensation.

What a great move! [emoji106]

This is something very unusual. Plenty of talking nowadays, very few are truly acting according to their values.

I am very happy belonging to this amazing TRF-community—for the love&passion of watches.

Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk