View Single Post
Old 11 May 2019, 11:23 PM   #114
Coopdog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggonz View Post
As someone who is soon selling a Rolex via a TRF and shipping through UPS or Fedex, what’s the best way of going about doing so discretely? I don’t like the idea of walking in with a Rolex box and walking out knowing every single employee knows what’s in the box. I also don’t like the idea of dropping it off in the mailbox for the FedEx man to come pick it up in the morning or whatever way that works. I don’t know how to get ParcelPro, it seems like a subscription thing but I’m not a watch dealer or anything. It wouldn’t make sense for me to get that. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy some standard packing materials like bubble wrap and a box, pack the watch yourself, and then either print a label or go pay at FedEx and don’t declare what’s in the box. Ship priority overnight even though it’s more expensive because then it’s in such a hurry there is no time for funny business.

I’ve asked, and the most FedEx will reimburse for a watch is $1000. Meaning even if you paid for $15000 of insurance when you shipped it, you won’t get that back. This is why people use outside insurance. So as a private individual and not a business, when I have shipped expensive watches I just pack it myself, declare it worth $100, say a prayer and ship it. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coopdog is offline   Reply With Quote