View Single Post
Old 5 June 2019, 04:18 PM   #10
cdmorenot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogdogg View Post
Sounds like your living through one of my bad nightmares.

I too am a Note guy and cannot wait for the Note 10 to come out later this year before deciding whether to upgrade my Note 9.

A genuine question here but why do so many people go to apple just to use Facetime when you can use a multitude of free apps for video calls. (Line and WhatsApp being two off the top of my head) Isn't it the same thing or what is different about Facetime specifically?

I use WhatsApp extensively. Line, Skype, Google Duo and many more can do video calling.

iOS interface is great for children. So are the parental controls - I guess we can say simplicity? Which is the complete opposite of our beloved Note phones which are hardware and software POWERHOUSES.

FaceTime is built right into his iPad. He can press a button and get me on right away with less load on the data. Best part? He doesn’t have to beg his mother for her thumb’s blessing to get a third party app. Truly a horrible nightmare.

I tried the carry two phones approach but I would forget the iPhone and come home to 25 missed FaceTime call from my son and that’s just unacceptable. Until he doesn’t need someone else’s thumb, I am basically an Apple hostage at whatever price they name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk