View Single Post
Old 7 June 2019, 11:08 PM   #56
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by theomegaaddict View Post
Hello all,

Ive been inspired to write this based on another thread here recently that's garnered a lot of attention.

Im not going to state that the OP of that thread was wrong or right. But im hoping that my story and experience sheds light on the fact that (big surprise) money talks and ADs will do what they need to do to meet their targets and goals.

This story takes place nearly exactly a month ago at a reputable AD in LONDON

Long story short

1) my brother has just graduated from his masters program and wants an entry level hublot as his gift from my mom (I know hublot right?? Still he wants what he wants)
2) I already have a great relationship with a hublot AD where i live and have a great price for the peice my brother wants
3) whilst visiting my brother in London for his grad ceremony we walk into this AD in a very popular london spot for him to try said hublot on for us
4) out of curioisty I ask AD what they can do as a price ofr this peice including vat return
5) AD gives a good price but is still above what i have it priced for back home witnout vat return or exchange fee hassle
6) i jokingly tell AD ill consider buying said entry level hublot from them if they rummage in the safe and give me a hot SS rolex
7) AD manager says let me see what I can do. 3 minutes later he emerges from the back and tells me he can throw in a rolex sub with date at msrp (plus i get vat back)
8) i nearly choke at this because basically the AD is giving me free money. He cant match the.price i got on the hublot but for some reason can give me a bag of free money instead
9) i take the hublot and rolex. (The rolex is already sold btw). And i basically get the Hublot for a song. My brother is happy to get his watch. My mom is happy cause ive basically just saved her a bunch of money

Bottom line is. No idea why the AD gave me this bundle (in my opinion its insane) but it happened. And it happened at a big dealer in London which is one of the dryest places for SS rolex.
Also goes to prove further that its all about money. I had 0 history with this AD, my brother was wearing and IWC and me a JLC both brands that this AD had So maybe they thought they could get more out of us? But regardless 0 history and i got a fantastic deal and it must have made sense to the AD too (maybe they had a hublot target they needed to hit?)

Very few ADs will abide by the correct "moral code" and will be in it for their own interests.

I know a lot on here will also judge me for buying a rolex I didnt intend on keeping. But frankly how many of you would turn away a bag of free money if offered to you?

Just my convuluted (slightly tipsy at brunch) 2 cents

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
What's funny about this is that the AD got a better deal than you did. He sold a Hublot at MRSP

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote