View Single Post
Old 11 June 2019, 06:26 AM   #42
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
I'd prefer the 330 all day and twice on Sunday but I believe to remember the OP wrote elsewhere on TRF that he prefers the new dial + old movement version for its rarity. OP pl correct if I am wrong...

The difference in color / shine is not necessarily related to how old the watch is. The exact color / shine of stainless steel depends on the polishing - in this case on how worn the polishing materials / abrasive were when the new bracelet was made compared to the existing case. If you get a new watch the case and bracelet have been polished "together" so to speak. But w the new bracelet the wear status of the polishing materials will naturally have been different. Often you will see this as a Patek Service Center rep explained to me...
I didn't realize that the final polish was done once the watch was assembled.

Were it me, I'd absolutely prefer the 330 and that might be additional motivation to request an entirely new watch (lack of hacking is the sole reason I almost never travel with my PP if crossing timezones). However, if that weren't the case, I'd probably simply go with the new bracelet instead of having it re-cased. At least then I would only have to wait for the bracelet to ship and wouldn't have the potential unknown of something else getting messed up during the re-casing.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote