View Single Post
Old 15 June 2019, 08:46 AM   #47
stockae92
"TRF" Member

To OP, it sounded like you already made up your opinion when you first picked up the Speedmaster which was in plastic wrap. Nothing wrong with no liking the Speedmaster. But when you kinda dissed the watch that other people likes, they will come and defend their love for the watch. :)

I like the Speedmaster for what it is, but strangely enough I don't like it enough to keep it when another purchase comes up. As a result, I own and sold them multiple times. I even like the look of those limited edition Speedmaster (ST, ST2, etc), but I don't like them enough to justify paying almost double the price of a "regular" Speedmaster. And now, let me put the flame suit on, I actually like the X-33 more than the "regular" Speedy Pro, all my X-33s "survived" the chopping board when I needed funds for new purchase.

I am kinda excited to see what Omega would be doing with the new movement though, which will have co-axial escapement and hacking second. I think that's a nice update to the movement, and I hope it will eventually find its way into the "regular" Speedmaster production. If they are listen, I can live without that huge presentation box, make them optional, for can be purchased for extra cost. Not that I don't like it, its because I don't have room to store that big of a box (when I have a few of them). :D
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote