View Single Post
Old 30 June 2019, 12:53 PM   #87
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Maybe this is just me being a bit crusty, but I actually don’t think that’s a great resolution. Lots of people have had bad experiences with AP, myself included, and while that’s good for him, I do think it’s unfair to others who have had similar experiences but got told to pound salt.

I complained and almost immediately got a call back from someone pretty high up who listened to all of my complaints, gave their side to the story, and flat-out admitted that they could do a better job and were looking to improve. He then followed up with the manager and salesperson at the boutique I have a purchase history with, who then promptly reached out to me and listened to my complaints. They apologized for my experience, clarified a few things about allocation that made me feel better, and reiterated that they were working to allocate me stuff and would at some point, though I might just have to wait a bit. I was not offered priority because I complained, nor any other sort of compensation (e.g., factory visit), and I don’t think I should have been. They did an absolutely fantastic job of assuaging my concerns and I feel that my relationship with AP is stronger than it was even before I got annoyed with them.

I won’t totally fault AP for giving the OP here the settlement they did, but it still doesn’t sit great with me because it sort of sends the message that kicking and screaming is a better route to getting what you want (and makes you valued more) than being fair, reasonable, and having a good relationship with the brand. Again, I’m sure this wasn’t AP’s intent — they were just trying to make things right with a customer who was treated quite poorly — but for those that have been loyal customers, maintained a good relationship, and have spent a bunch of money with the brand (I’m not including myself in this, as I’ve only bought two APs so far, but I know that many have spent well into the six figures and can hardly get allocated anything) but are unable to get allocations to a bunch of pieces, this is probably fairly insulting.
This was a well reasoned post with which I tend to agree.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote