View Single Post
Old 6 July 2019, 02:01 AM   #45
tubojunk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Maybe it’s just me... a hazard of my profession. I hate losing money. If I lose money I am having a bad day. This is a daily issue for me. I’m not saying I need the watch to go up in value but I refuse to spend 100k on a watch that a I expect to worth 80 k or worst 50k.
The reality is that unless you are buying the elusive 10% of watches you should expect to lose money the minute you walk out the AD if you are buying near retail.

But if you are looking at value, look at the datographs. It is hard to argue there are many better values out there. Buying new around 55k and used around 40k for an 80k watch? You probably are buying near the floor of this watch so pretty protected value wise. In terms of appreciation I personally think it’s “safer” to expect a datograph to get closer to retail than nautilus to exceed retail. I think even a few years ago people would totally consider trading a nautilus for a datograph, now that you can trade a nautilus for 2 datographs and most would say they wouldn’t is absurd to me.
Rolex 126610LN
tubojunk is offline   Reply With Quote