View Single Post
Old 21 July 2019, 04:27 AM   #2
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag32 View Post
I’ve been collecting for years, I have multiple Pateks, AP, Vacheron, etc. and whether justified or not, I always just lumped Seiko in with the others like Casio and Timex. But over the years I kept hearing well respected collectors refer to Seiko and I just never really understood it. Can someone on here please explain to me the allure of Seiko to someone who is a WIS. What makes Seiko special? Why do people with Pateks etc. also collect Seiko? Please explain to me what I’ve been missing in my collecting all these years. What are the most popular Seiko pieces?

Perhaps see my “ruined by my turtle” post, for a small glimpse. Seiko is just like any other watch brand, but at the price point they’re tough to beat. Their iconic dive watches can elicit the same feelings as a Rolex sub. I shouldn’t really be comparing seiko to Rolex, but you’re asking about a holy trinity guy appreciating Seiko so I guess that’s the best I can do.
Buy one and try it out. I have an SRP777 and a grand seiko SBGW231. My 777 is a lot of fun and I don’t care if it gets dinged up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coop13 is offline   Reply With Quote