View Single Post
Old 4 August 2019, 12:04 AM   #13
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
OP only here for 2 years and last 2 years has been mostly bitching about shortages, grey dealers, nicknames, valuations etc. I remember when Forum was purely Rolex enthusiasts for most part. A lot of focus was in vintage as well so yes things do change. It would be nice to shift back and away from the same thread topics over and over again.
It's nice to see I'm not entirely alone in my feelings.

Although I registered about 2 years ago, I've been a regular reader on TRF since 2007 or so. About two years ago my goto watch forum became a little to slanted for my tastes so that's really when I started registering else where to see what other forum would have a better cultural fit for me.

What you are talking about - a time when the forum really was for the enthusiasts - was really the golden age in my glassy eyes. I guess I am just feeling nostalgic for the times when it seemed every post was a treasure trove of insight and information.

Perhaps I have shifted, too, in that I know a lot more than I did 10 years ago so less is new to me. I suppose anyone into a hobby for long enough does experience that to a degree.
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote