View Single Post
Old 7 August 2019, 09:26 AM   #18
HauteHorlogerie
Banned

Watch: 519LN | 64A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
if AP does it you probably couldn't tell vs a new one. 99% of bad polish jobs are not AP's work. I venture to say the majority of second hand watches floating around have non AP polish jobs and then people think thats how a polish looks.

You have a couple of polishes before the lines are ruined and AP will tell you if they can polish it or not. If they cant they will sell you a new bezel.... so whats the issue?

when my RO goes in for service its absolutely getting polished. Im at 4+ years so far, and no immediate plans to send it in but whenever it goes its getting done and it really doesnt even need it but its going to look brand new when i get it back. If i need a new bezel 3 services from now/ 20+ years from now... fine. im ok with that. I may request bezel only/no case polish at some point since the case needs it far less

who wants to wait months for a watch to get serviced and then get a beat up watch back when they are finally done?
That's good to know, I've sent my 15400ST in a few times and my old 15202ST and never let them polish it... this has me thinking maybe I should of let clearwater do that hahaha. Oops
HauteHorlogerie is offline   Reply With Quote