View Single Post
Old 17 August 2019, 04:53 PM   #51
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
There are NO fake Asian (or any other country) movements that are even close to a Rolex!
I got no idea, to the full extent of these "ZOMBIE" fakes (Rolex's term) - I once claimed a flood of them to be shot down!
I have reported about 10 and know of more!

They are out there and only ROLEX knows to what extent!
Again, please help me understand how there could be so many authentic movements with all the rest of the watch fake.
Generally, one would think it would be the other way around.

In the automobile world, it makes sense to see “zombies”, where they take a legitimate VIN from a totaled vehicle and then use it in a stolen auto, to pass it off as a repaired one. In that case, there are ample “zombie” wrecked cars and ample cars to be stolen that match that VIN make, model and color.

In this case, there would have to be a flow of source of authentic movements. If theoretically they would have to come from Rolex, how could that be from a company that controls parts so well? There could not possibly be “zombie” trashed cases that offer a similar outcome to that of the auto analogy.

The only possible explanation, for a scenario where they go to such extent to copy the rest of the watch is that they have managed to copy the movement as well.