View Single Post
Old 13 February 2009, 07:36 AM   #71
adam78
"TRF" Member

Having only recently joined this forum and found this thread, I thought I'd chime in with my experiences with the exact same Alpha watch.

I bought mine early this past autumn from the Alpha-Watch website. A day after I began wearing it, the black bezel "insert" came unglued. I thought that was a bit cheap, but some superglue did the trick.

The watch has always kept great time, chronograph functions performed well, and other than the bezel problem noted above, has felt of high quality.

However, regarding the water resistance, I had a nasty shock during a vacation in Puerto Rico, swimming in a pool, when I noticed a large drop of water under the edge of the crystal, and condensation around it. All the pushers were properly screwed down, but lo-and-behold, there was a prominent internal crack in the crystal just adjacent to the droplet. For the life of me I could not remember hitting the watch against anything to produce such a crack. After a couple of days, the water droplet and condensation disappeared, and I wore the watch again, but now I will take care to never get it wet. Fortunately the crack is not that noticeable, being along the crystal's edge. I'm sure it'd cost more than the watch to get a new one and have it installed...