View Single Post
Old 14 September 2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Rollied
2024 Pledge Member

Tapestry dial DJ just got back from Rolliworks, thoughts?

So I recently acquired a 16233 tapestry dial DJ and promptly sent the watch to Rolliworks for a service and bracelet repair. All the great reviews regarding Rolliworks, Mike, and Saul were all true. Great place with great people! When I brought the watch to Saul, he dropped what he was doing and put my watch under the scope and showed me in detail what condition the watch was in and what he recommended to be done. You can really feel his passion for watches. I left the watch with him and was told an ETA of 4 weeks for a service, band repair, and a courtesy polish (I didn’t want the watch to look brand new, so this was perfect.)

Upon further research of the tapestry dials, I noticed mine came with a white date disc vs a champagne/gold date disc. I came by the shop and discussed this with Mike, in which he told me the disc was probably swapped out because the previous owner wanted a more modern look on the watch and that he could swap in a champagne date disc if I wanted to. To which I happily agreed. Now, 4 weeks later, as promised, my watch was ready to be picked up. I apologize in advance as I didn’t take a lot of BEFORE pictures, I wanted to drop off the watch before going on a vacation.

After:

Overall I’m very happy with the results, especially the bracelet was brought back to such pristine condition. However, the date font seem a little too bold to me. What do you guys think? I’ll try to take more pictures later on, just flew back from Hawaii this morning and just had enough time to pick up the watch and went to work.
Rollied is offline   Reply With Quote