View Single Post
Old 24 July 2018, 07:11 AM   #4
wesdaniel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmeuphere View Post
I was in there a few weeks ago and asked how the boutique opening will affect their business. The gentleman said not at all, they will maintain their AD status. He said they're the Rolex service center in the area and that the new boutique will use them as a service center as well, how true this is I have no idea but this is what he said.

My question is will it be possible to get some of the new high demand pieces at the new boutique. With all this talk about purchase history and AD relationships, how does that apply when a boutique just opens its doors?
Yeah, I asked them this weekend and got the same answer. But, I also thought it was really unusual how little stock they had as compared to what they had a month or so ago when they were in there.

He did mention the RSC comment to me which kind of surprised me. I didn't know that Rolex had service centers within individual AD's? He also said something else strange - he said that if a watch had "ever been touched" outside of Rolex, they wouldn't work on it. Not even Rolex is that particular.

If I had to guess, I'd think that, at least at the beginning, the new boutique will have some harder-to-find pieces - there has to be a draw to get people in there and buying. At least that's how I would think.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote