View Single Post
Old 10 April 2018, 07:34 PM   #48
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
in general i dont like the idea of mixing high risk to be stolen items with my house policy. A claim or two and then your home insurer will drop you and IMO home insurance is more important. Keeping them separate is a hedge against losing a great home policy.

Fine print of individual policies aside, just a general view.
Valid point but I’d imagine more claims are made on house policies then individual and I know when I last arrange insurance I was asked if I had claimed on any past house or contents insurance, so technically if you had claimed on a individual watch policy you would be oblige to disclose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
my guess is the reason its cheaper even if the underwriter is the same for a different company's policy is because of the exclusions.

In much the same way you can get a Sony TV from best buy or a cheaper one from walmart. They are almost the same but the specs and number of HDMI ports or the processor is different. You are getting a good deal but its not quite the same TV even if it looks identical.
Don’t dispute that but I was referring to the ‘insurance from a grocery store’ comment not the cost/exclusions POV
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote