View Single Post
Old 15 February 2017, 04:59 AM   #33
wzj519
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Batman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
Whether you get a PP Nautilus or an AP RO, you will take a hit on depreciation if you buy a RG model (as opposed to a SS model) unless you get a significant discount. However since it is your engagement watch, I can see why you would want it in gold instead of SS.

Unless you are a big fan of chronos, I would recommend the 5711/1R, the 15400OR or the 15202OR. Although I do not own any of these, I have tried on all three at ADs and they are all nice watches.

Do you want/prefer a second hand on your watch? If you do, then you can choose between the 5711 and the 15400. Do you prefer the blue or brown or black dial? Do you have a strong preference between the PP or AP brand?

Although I am a PP person, between the 15202OR, 15400OR and the 5711/1R, I think the 15202OR looks the best.
Hey Bud, thanks for the input first. Personally, I am in between AP and PP, but my significant the other prefers PP over AP.
Anyway, I am narrowing down option now, because it's an engagement gift, so I am going to choose a simple and timeless design. The 5711/1R and 15202OR are the final two choices I would choose from.
wzj519 is offline   Reply With Quote