View Single Post
Old 30 October 2020, 02:52 AM   #1
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

TRF Is a BAD Influence!!! Bvlgari Octo Finissimo S

Let it be said here and now that TRF is a HORRIBLE and BAD influence!!! You heartless bastards!!!

SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame.... shame... shame...

Will give more info than below after a week of wearing, yet this just arrived and she's sized up. Winding is smooth as silk, plus when adjusting the time the hands have zero slack / slop. Overall weight when sized for my 6.75" wrist is 102 grams.

You'll need a punch to adjust bracelet size and it's normal center-link sleeve and pin setup. While there's no micro-adjust or half-link, the links seem spaced close enough that you should be fine even for my weird skinny wrists with wide top.

Been wearing her for only 45 minutes and she is VERY comfy. i'd put it at a minimum on par the most comfy bracelet here, which is not a Rolex but the OMEGA Speedy 50th Anniv Buzz bracelet. The nod will probably go to the Bvlgari for comfort, and that's saying something if you've ever worn the super-comfy OMEGA bracelet.

As for the blue dial, oh heck yeah it is spot on with lightness and darkness as the light changes / dances. The blue sunburst dial on the Bvlgari is a bit lighter in color than the Rolex SkyD Blue SS, which brings the Bvlgari better dial visibility imho. SkyD blue stays 'sunburst-ish' in low light whereas the Bvlgari's sunburst blue dial color 'flattens out' lighter color-wise (so it's easy to read).

Oh, and the way the butterfly clasp goes into the bracelet, friggen a all other manufacturers MUST start doing this!!! It adds functionality and excellent comfort.

Sure i could go on about the movement decoration and other stuff, yet we'll save that for next week when i add to this post.

You gals n' guys still very bad influences. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

And thank you.

PS: The below pics are yawners quality-wise, am too busy to get all fancy-pants right now. Lots of wonderful light dancing off the case and bracelet showcasing the different finishes. And yes, you should get one, or at a minimum go see it in person and decide. For $12k this is a 'steal' imho, especially when compared to those other two timepieces many have used for comparo.

Bvlgari_Octo_Finissimo_S.jpg

Bvlgari_Octo_Finissimo_S_diag.jpg

Bvlgari_Octo_Finissimo_S_side.jpg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is online now   Reply With Quote