View Single Post
Old 11 February 2018, 11:19 AM   #4
geebob
"TRF" Member

Watch: SpeedyPro Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_natural View Post

So I'm curious if anyone on here has had extended wrist time with both, particularly the current Speedmaster iteration, and can give me your thoughts.

I have both, the Speedmaster Pro sapphire and the Explorer 1 Mk2. I wear them in one or two week rotation. Here’s my take on them:

The Speedy is, and feels, a little bit heavier on the wrist, but not by much. It also sits slightly taller.

It doesn’t have an easylink clasp like the Explorer, but here’s the thing. When I wear the Explorer (my wrist is 6.3” btw), I always use the easylink extension. If it’s too loose I tightened it and vice versa. Otherwise it will be uncomfortable.

On the other hand, when I wear the Speedy, I never need to adjust it. If it becomes a bit too loose or a bit too tight, it’s fine and still comfortable.

So my opinion is that the Explorer has to be sized/adjusted right, otherwise if it’s slightly too loose or a slightly too tight it’s uncomfortable. The Speedy is much more forgiving here. Too tight or too loose, it’s still comfortable.

I sized both bracelets the same way, fit my wrist..snug fit I guess.

I tried my Speedy on a NATO that came with it, but I find it makes the watch too tall and uncomfortable. After trying it for two days I removed it and put the watch back on the bracelet.

In the end, both are comfortable. I love them both.
geebob is offline   Reply With Quote