View Single Post
Old 31 May 2020, 03:54 AM   #1
bradleyt09
"TRF" Member

Authenticity check

I just purchased a DJ 16014 from a trusted seller on the forum and have a couple of days to inspect and return if not satisfied. I'd appreciate feedback to confirm authenticity as there are so many good fakes popping up these days. To my eye, the case, dial, and hands look good but please comment.

I question if the bracelet is fake, as the markings on the clasp are different than most. Here are my concerns:

-There is a small extra crown in the lower right corner. I know this has been discussed before with an excellent post by Springer suggesting many of these bracelets with the extra crown are fake.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=55405

-There is a letter R which suggests the bracelet is dated ~1993, but there is no number. I know the bracelet is new and not "born" with the head, but should there always be a number corresponding to the production month?

-An internet search reveals only a few comparable clasps with the off-set version of "Registered Swiss Made."

I can return the watch so I really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance for your input.

bradleyt09 is offline   Reply With Quote