View Single Post
Old 9 July 2019, 03:37 PM   #1
spammyman
"TRF" Member

Can't decide. Down to a 14270, 14060, or a 18328

I have driven my wife crazy talking about watches. I need some help from the community. I'd like to add one watch that most compliments my collection. Currently I have:

Explorer II 16570 Polar - I'll never sell it. Love it.

New Oyster Perpetual 34mm White - This is my most versatile watch

Cellini 5115 - I like this dress watch, but may sell it some day. Wife likes it too so I may keep it.

Omega Speedmaster Professional - Don't think I'll ever sell this either

Here is my collection as of a few months ago : https://imgur.com/a/abrVe8h (I have since purchased a two tone oysterquartz, and sold the Tudor Date-Day and will sell the Tudor BB36 next)

I have narrowed my next purchase to the following 3 models and would love some advice on what fits with my collection the best:

Explorer I 14270 36mm - This watch is the most me, because it wears well on my small wrist. It is similar in size as my OP34 and serves the same purpose. I also will forever lust after a 1016.

Submariner 14060 40mm - I like the tool nature of this watch, and the classic 2 line dial. I'd go for a 5513, but I think I'd go for the president for that price. It kind of serves the same purpose as the Speedmaster as a sports watch. My main concern is that this is too flashy.

President 18238 36mm Double Quickset - I don't have much gold, wear suits 3-4 days a week, and think this is bargain compared to used sports watches from Rolex. I think gold will come back in style soon and I love the 36mm size. My main reservation is how flashy this is. I for some reason think a submariner stands out more as a flashy watch, since people tend to know the sub.

Which of the 3 watches above should I choose given my current collection?
spammyman is offline   Reply With Quote