View Single Post
Old 6 December 2016, 04:59 AM   #15
KrismanX
"TRF" Member

Watch: my feet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyc27000 View Post
Awesome photos, thanks for sharing! I really respect all that you've done with your Daytona and the case shows it. I hope I can get to that point with my C sometime too although I'm still in full on babying-it mode. The ceramic bezel should help!

Curious, after two years, is your Daytona still keeping great time? Also have you every had an issue banging one of the pushers? I banged mine the other day and right away the first thought was oh no! hopefully I didn't damage something (less worried about scratches, etc on it). I know these watches are built to take a beating but I'm still a newbie, for forgive my ignorance.

Thanks! My watch has kept time famously for my needs thus far. I have not tracked it with any apps, or had to perform on any life-or-death missions that would call for split second precision. The most I will really 'track' is by setting it to the timed vault locks at work, and checking if my watch syncs with posting timestamps on TRF.

As far as the pushers go I tend to keep them locked at all times, unless I want to start/stop/reset the chrono. I actually have a direct-hit scuff right on the face of the start/stop pusher; but I have NO clue when that could have happened. I was scared I had ruined my watch once because I left the pushers unscrewed when washing the watch. A quick paranoid TRF posting cleared that up!

"Better three hours too soon, than a minute too late."

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."

ref. 116520 Daytona - 10/2014
KrismanX is offline   Reply With Quote