View Single Post
Old 11 January 2022, 04:13 AM   #2
Greglaw
Banned

Why not? I have the milsub styled model, in 42mm. I love it. Have had it about 6 years. Steinhart makes really cool pieces. And I have had a couple and they are great quality. Are they at the level of finishing of a brand new Rolex? No. But, is the finishing really good? Yes. And compared to a well-worn vintage piece, which many people cannot afford, or even a well-worn newer piece, the finishing is almost comparable. My Steinhart has gone through 2 of my 14 tough mudders, and I may take it through 15 and 16 this coming summer.

You can't afford or get a milsub, at least no one I know can, you can't get a submariner or submariner date aside from the gray market-most of us can't-so why the hell not!

I don't understand the complaints about these. There is zero logic to the complaints about watches like these. For those who do-then you cannot buy an oxford shirt from anyone other than Brooks Brothers because they made it first-so you are buying counterfeits and knock offs from everyone else, same with your polo shirt, and same with your motorcycle and car. Oh-and that house of yours, your colonial, ranch, etc. (arts and craft style-only Frank Lloyd Wright designed and built the original, so all of you bungalow owners are perpetrating a fraud?) are rip-offs from the original builder. Oh-wait-you couldn't get the first one, right? But, you liked the look so you had one built for you. Or you bought a similar one.

Or instead of Brooks Brothers you bought that counterfeit/homage/ripoff from Polo? Oh, wait a minute-you liked the look of the original so because you could not actually get the original, you accepted a substitute that looked just like the original...hmmmm.

Now that it seems like there are frauds in our midst...they should all give up their fake/counterfeit/homage wares...and go naked into the world, because that underwear you are wearing is also a homage...but, I digress..

great review, and at that price who cares if timekeeping is perfect, it is a great piece and I hope that you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!
Greglaw is offline   Reply With Quote