View Single Post
Old 2 June 2018, 03:28 AM   #152
kwmidwest
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bxtek View Post
Great thread! Some nice examples shown here. I've always liked the Oysterquartz and the more modern/non-traditional style of their cases and bracelets. I think these are a bit underappreciated and there is not as much discussion as the Oyster Perpetual models.

I was wondering from some of you owners.....What's it like wearing one of these in the "wild"? Not everyone is a watch aficionado but as we all know, most of the general public knows what a Rolex is. Also, most of the general public connects a quartz Rolex with a fake one. What are people's reactions to your Oysterquartz? Do a number of people automatically criticize you and say that you have a fake watch? I was always curious about this.
I own a 17003. In my experience, whenever anyone asks the "What do you mean it's a Rolex with a battery?" question...all it really takes is a simple explanation about the history. The watch itself, when it's both on the wrist and when you can hear the movement, sets itself apart from any fake out there. The craftsmanship is real. The bracelet is very comfortable, and it's a versatile watch. Can be worn at a formal event or climbing Mt. Everest.
kwmidwest is offline   Reply With Quote