Old 15 February 2020, 07:19 PM   #163
micasol
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskmh View Post
Interesting thread.

Thanks [emoji4]

Now some others explanations, most of us don’t know what’s looking the 4130 movement, here’s a pic of the watch and it’s movement I used for skeleton

I always made pics of timegrapher of base watch to compared it after the skeleton job, just to check if I did a good job and if movement is working same/better or maybe worth than originally,
Movement stock full wind outside of case and without dial/hands/rotor

Stock movement in case full wind with dial/hands/rotor

And what’s looking now

Timegrapher in case with dial/hands full wind without rotor after now 48 hours was assembled

After 24 hours without been wearing and without rotor rating between 307 to 311 amplitude but didn’t make pics.

So is the movement working same as originally? Would says better, you could think is normal because all wheels changed by newer and movement full servicing, but not so easy, what you have to know is when made this kind of build, you could easily bent one of the bridges and if that will have some huge consequences on how movement running.

The 4130 is the most awesomeness chrono movement according to me, but it’s also really technically, for exemplary happened lost of amplitudes because chrono bridge bent, no common but happened. So imagine when you cut by hands how easy could be bent this bridge or others.
Assembly job is not difficult, would says that all watchmaker could do it, just order of assembly is slightly different from a stock movement, most difficult is the control of cutting bridges and if they are bent or not. When I begin the job I fit out all insetting jewels on mainplate and train wheels bridge, easy because those are full, but not same story to fit in those after cutting job, and same for rest of bridges.
It’s same for jewels, I didn’t fit them out, not necessary, but some of them could move during the cutting process, so after check all bridges not bent I check all jewels are well in and not moved, i do that because one time had one that moved, the one of third wheel on mainplate, was a nightmare before I found what was the problem!!

All I have build are running better than originally, all base donor Daytonas were not newer too, but last one was freshly serviced.
Have learned and improved skills and knowledge to be able made this job and finally have a watch that is working strongly with the most awesomeness chrono movement that now could be seen.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk