Thread: Pam 1048
View Single Post
Old 27 January 2020, 08:16 AM   #6
boogiebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: me post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
40 mm Panerai have been around for well over a decade, and with 300 meter water resistance and screw down back, they have their place in the collection, IMHO. But, if you have not already, I would try out several sizes to be sure. Panerai is meant to be large, and with the short and curved lugs, they wear well, even at a larger size.

Good luck with the hunt and pre-congrats on the incoming! :-)

Hey thanks Cru. I have seen a few 312 in steel and even had the chance to try one on but it felt very large. It was reminiscent in size to a Breitling super avenger due to its thickness. I’m gonna try to get into the store and do some shopping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easydeals View Post
45mm radiomir wears very well on small wrists.

Will keep this in mind. The radiomir at this point don’t quite sing to me, but they are a very nice piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASW1 View Post
I would mirror the suggestion to not assume that they are too large. Many models wear differently due to dial size, thickness, weight, bezel and type of crystal (a dome wears smaller than flat) and material - shiny steel looks bigger than brushed titanium.

IMO some larger ones have better proportions than smaller ones.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

This is true. As long as the lug to life width doesn’t exceed my wrist width anything is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps354 View Post
I second this. I recently tried on a 992 and was surprised how well a 45mm watch wore on my 7 inch wrist. I imagine the wire lugs helped.

Is this a contender for you? The life for sure help to keep the size down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boogiebot is offline   Reply With Quote