View Single Post
Old 19 February 2020, 11:32 AM   #10
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Very unfortunate. Would be nice to know what exactly failed and I do find it a bit odd and secretive that they would not just detail the service on the receipt. Good part of it all however is that now I have another 2 years of warranty!
Of what benefit does it serve for you to know that a tooth on a gear was out of spec, or the mainspring broke, or an automatic winding component was insufficiently lubed, thereby causing premature wear?
None of that or anything else is something you could’ve mitigated in your handling or wearing of the watch, and brands could easily cite as commercially sensitive for reason to not disclose anything.
As far as they’re concerned, it’s been rectified, checked, and you’re covered for another period of time in the event it or something else unrelated may occur again.
I get the “just curious” aspect, but don’t be dismayed if they choose not to divulge what went wrong, as I don’t believe there’s a legal obligation for them to do so, and they can spin you a yarn should you press them, but you’ll still be none the wiser in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
AP gives a pretty detailed service story.
Not when it comes to the ROOCs – more often than not they simply cite lubrication dried up, which is wholly incorrect, but serves to placate the masses who are completely ignorant about the synthetic lubes used for the past decade at least.
They may list all the steps they took, and which parts they may’ve changed (already factored into the service cost) whether strictly needed or not.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote