Thread: Anybody notice?
View Single Post
Old 18 January 2020, 01:19 PM   #130
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collector2019 View Post
Let’s go to VC people, I’m sure they are desperate for business!

Interesting post but I don’t think it solves the problem because it’s kind of either or situation. Either you are loved by AP or kind of ignored by AP. I’m yet to hear some people saying that they are on the fence! And it’s not quite geographical or demographical specs that sticks out that you think ok I don’t fit the profile. Like rm case, they definitely looking for young energetic successful and athletic targeted audience. Whereas Patek seems targeting more of subtle classy and more mature type of clients. Where in fact AP is accepting everyone and kind of confusing to figure out their mix! Yet we hear people praise them as gods and others are just furious with the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the problem doesnt exist and if it does, it is self inflicted. AP/PP/Rolex/RM these top brands have many people wanting their selected watches and they have to choose since they cant satisfy all demand ( and doing so will, well, cheapen the brand and result in less demand ) so if you want their watches and cant get, and refuse to consider others, then the problem is not AP but yourself.

I considered myself in the "in-circle" of AP, at least for now but who knows? If I stop buying maybe I will be out and I will just move on. No worries. These are just watches.

Btw VC makes some excellent timepieces and while I dont own the brand, I respect them. Nothing to sneer at. Just my 2 cents.