Thread: Anybody notice?
View Single Post
Old 18 January 2020, 01:32 PM   #131
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
I don't quite understand some of the sentiments expressed here.

I mean if the brand ( in this case AP ) doesn't seem to want your business despite you having reached out to them earnestly, then why not just move on? Instead of dwelling into it and gets angry/frustrated/unhappy. I am sure lots of other brands have watches just as nice ( ok, maybe less hype ) and will gladly take your business and treat you very well. Many of us have our fair share of brands who do not take us seriously for one reason or another, and sometime for no reason at all. I have walked into a RM boutique to be totally ignored despite the place being empty and when spoken to, the sales person made it quite clear he doesn't think I fit their profile of potential client. Even Conkers as I know had a hard time dealing with Patek.

Sometimes, it's not the brand itself but the salesperson that is not keen on the business. Perhaps he or she is a high profile salesperson with lots of "whale" / VVIP clients. Or perhaps he/she can't be bothered because he/she doesn't even like the job in the first place. Many reasons. In this case, reach out for another POS and try again. Or go grey market ( like Gravity ). Or just move on. Plenty of nice watches from other brands out there.

Interesting response and it definitely makes me think. Your points are certainly logical.

I do try not to get upset about the situation and I don’t say I dwell on it, and I come here to hear others’ stories and hopefully learn a thing or two.

You’re right there are options. One of them is to move on, but I’m guessing for a vast majority of people on here that their love of watches and their desire for AP models isn’t just something you can cast aside.

To your point, I’ve very recently went grey as it really was senseless not to. I’m very happy, and in this case the premium was really insignificant. There is that part of me that would have been happier to get the watch from the boutique and hopefully start building what I hope is a long term relationship. I think many people want to build a relationship that will pay off in the future for our collections and hopefully for the brand, too.

We will see. I can say my patience isn’t infinite, for sure, and I think I’ll know when it’s a lost cause. For now I am trusting it’ll work out and it’s a worthy investment of effort, and I still truly believe AP values the interest and desire even though they have to send many people away empty handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk