View Single Post
Old 8 January 2019, 11:34 AM   #107
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacke90 View Post
233 is awesome. Love the Speedy Tuesday piece.
Thx - love them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
My everyday piece. Not left my wrist since I got it.
- Nice combo & cool shot of your 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyQ8 View Post
Those pics making me drool :)'''
Good job!
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
...I love the domed sapphire crystal look but isn’t it risky? Like I get thoughts already of my hand banging on some wall etc and cracking the beautiful crystal, god forbid. The domed crystal looks so much better and attractive than flat crystal though. But just this concern.

Also love the Pam00233 and Pam00270 look. They are the best ones and gettable in near future, being not super expensive, but the 270 has been discontinued for 533?! Like why? 533 doesn’t even have a domed crystal? 233 is great looker too but has a manual winding mechanism and the difference isn’t much between them then might as well get the 270. But since its already been discontinued....
So is there any other model that you’ll think fits the bill too?
Hey - welcome
A 1950 case with domed crystal is my favorite combination (as with my only two PAMs currently) I also LOVE the manual-wind 8-day mvmt and find the 10-day + automatic quite the luxury, for lack of a better term, but you've made it clear that it's a desirable complication.
270 does indeed fit your bill and there are currently 10 for sale on Chrono24 (Google it if necessary). There may be a similar model to the 270 but it will most likely be in gold or other precious metal so most likely out of your range. The 270s appear to run around €9-10K so cheaper than a new 233 (but there are 30 used up for sale on Chrono24, incl. some unworn).

I'm also assuming you appreciate the 1950 case? the alternative would be a 372-based case and/or the "1940" variant. Most of those however are equipped with the P.3001 3-day handwound mvmt, so not really what you're aiming for.

So that's all I got... maybe someone else can provide alternatives but given your "wish list" you'll probably have to go with aftermarket to find your ideal PAM. Good luck to you

p.s. Regarding the domed crystal - I'd say it's pretty robust. I've yet to hear anyone trashing it by running into a door frame etc. I wouldn't lose any sleep over that
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote