View Single Post
Old 9 January 2019, 09:36 AM   #111
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub (116610LN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
270 does indeed fit your bill and there are currently 10 for sale on Chrono24 (Google it if necessary). There may be a similar model to the 270 but it will most likely be in gold or other precious metal so most likely out of your range. The 270s appear to run around €9-10K so cheaper than a new 233 (but there are 30 used up for sale on Chrono24, incl. some unworn).
Well first of all, the watch bug has started to bite me again but am not yet sure when I’ll be able to finally covince myself that I can allow myself a purchase again.. so soon. And till then, most 270s might run outta stock except used ones, which I’m not too keen and neither am I too keen to buy them watches online. Would prefer to go to a store, check, and then pick one myself. So preferably local market. i.e. When I do decide to buy one
Also the watches are comparatively cheaper in my country.

Quote:
I'm also assuming you appreciate the 1950 case? the alternative would be a 372-based case and/or the "1940" variant. Most of those however are equipped with the P.3001 3-day handwound mvmt, so not really what you're aiming for.
Well, Please excuse me for being a total noob here but can you tell me what’s the difference between the luminor and luminor 1950 case exactly? I prefer the luminor/1950 series case with that famouse unique panerai adjustment crown on the right side. Don’t quite like the radiomir style much. So 1940s are outta question. And the 372 based are the 47mm units I believe? Think that’ll be too big for my wrist size. 44mm is the max I can go for I think.

Quote:
So that's all I got... maybe someone else can provide alternatives but given your "wish list" you'll probably have to go with aftermarket to find your ideal PAM. Good luck to you

p.s. Regarding the domed crystal - I'd say it's pretty robust. I've yet to hear anyone trashing it by running into a door frame etc. I wouldn't lose any sleep over that
I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean by aftermarket Pam here?
I would decide on a 233 maybe if nothing fits my bill like 270. Also thanks for clearing the doubt about durability of the domed crystal. And thanks for taking time and answering
Muzikman is offline   Reply With Quote