Thread: Nightmare 1665
View Single Post
Old 27 August 2009, 11:44 PM   #103
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsWatch72 View Post
I forgot to tell you a part of this saga. I couldn't tell you about this when it happened or it would have tipped you off to where I sent the watch but now its ok to explain. When I first started the process of having the watch serviced, I took the watch to my local AD. They said that RUSA would NOT do the service. I left Images Jewelers in Elkhart Indiana with my head hung low. I went home and made some calls to New York. There I spoke with the service department and they told me the same thing. I asked to talk with a supervisor and was connected with Joanne Russo. She informed me that there are many reasons that could prevent my watch from being service due to its age. I informed her that I trusted RUSA completely and informed them that my watch was in good condition and that I believed it would meet their criteria. She agreed to allow me to send it in for evaluation. Initally she wanted me to send the watch to NYC RSC myself but I informed her that I didn't feel comfortable with this and would rather the AD send it to them. I then went back to Elkhart AD and informed them that RUSA agreed to look at the watch and asked them if they could now send it to them. The manager didn't believe me. I told him who I spoke with and he actually called to speak with her. Upon his return, he informed me that he would NOT send the watch to them even though they agreed to accept the watch. I asked for a reason and his answer was, and I quote, "There isn't anything in it for me". He went on to say that the risk was too high and there was nothing in it for him. He also said that he liked to "oversee" the service completely and that since I had arranged this with NYC that he wasn't comfortable with helping any longer. I then informed him that I would have loved if he had called NYC and been more persistant for me and that he had the chance to "oversee" the service the FIRST time I was there. At this point he stops and looks at the two other men (younger men) working the showcase and says "Do you think I am doing the right thing here?" I am in totally amazed he would ask them this in front of a customer. As if they were going to say anything but "Oh yes um boss". Of course they agreed with their manager. I was in shock and just stood there for a second to think. I then told the manager that I understood he had made up his mind not to help and then left. Thats when I called Joanne back and explained the situation. She informed me that he had the right not to help and it was his decision. I couldn't believe this. They are an authorized Rolex dealer and I expect the service, especially if RUSA agreed to recieve the watch. I would think they are bound by contract to certain service standards. Anyway, you know the rest of the story. RUSA sent me instructions and package material and I shipped the watch Registered mail. While the watch was gone, I made a trip to the next closest AD in Vaparaiso Indiana. The visit was like night and day compared with the visit in Elkhart. The owner of the store/AD personally helped me and was amazed when I told him of the Elkhart store. My entire visit in his store was top noch. I will definately be going back there to Valparaiso AD for any future service issues and/or purchases. I will never go back to Image Jewelers AD in Elkhart Indiana again.
I agree the AD had no obligation to send the watch in, but his attitude and people skills seem to be lacking. I wouldn't go back either.

Questions DW,

Why was it so important for you to have it go to RUSA versus one of the respected restorers like Bob Ridley? Not judging, just curious.

Will we have to wait on you to get the pictures developed at Walgreens>???

P

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote