View Single Post
Old 25 November 2020, 05:46 AM   #35
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmade View Post
I live in the US. When I purchased items in Paris and turned in my receipts for VAT refund in EU airports, I didn't get my VAT credited back to me through Global Blue.

When I purchased items in London, I get my VAT credited back to me like 75% of the time. Of that 75% of the time I managed to get my VAT refund from London, the middle man took their cut.

One European trip I arrived in London bought some items. Chunnel'd to Paris a few days later and bought more things. Chunnel'd back to London and departed through Heathrow. I did Global Blue VAT refund and turned in all my receipts at once to Global Blue in Heathrow. I received my VAT refund for all items purchased in London. I never received any money from the Paris purchased items even though I was entitled to the refund.

Another European trip I flew to Paris and purchased some items. I then flew to Munich and bought more items. I departed back to the US through the Munich airport and did the VAT refund process in Munich. Again, I got stiffed on my Paris purchased items but received my 15EUR back or whatever the amount was from the Munich items.
I suggest that you should be making a nuisance of yourself to those responsible. You are fully entitled to your refund. At best, it's an administrative oversight, at worst, theft.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote