View Single Post
Old 7 February 2017, 08:14 AM   #1
Poorwill
"TRF" Member

Complete Newcomer needs Help with Rolex Cosmograph Value

Kind community: I beg for your assistance in giving me some idea of the value of my Rolex. I inherited it from my father who bought it new from a jeweler in a suburb of Boston in the early 1960s - probably 1963 or 1964. As far as I know he was not good about servicing it and wore it quite a bit - you can see the wear on the crystal. He put it away in the 1980s and I got it around 1994. It has been sitting in a safety deposit box unwound and unworn ever since. I may have the box and the warranty card from Rolex, but I'd really have to dig to find them. I have absolutely no interest in selling. I am interested in the value for insurance purposes - if it is indeed worth insuring. I would also appreciate some advice about my next steps if I choose to wear it: where should I get it serviced and how much will it cost? A appreciate any help I can get with an initial idea of whether this watch is worth putting money into or if it would be a good idea to wear it daily. I would like to honor my dad by wearing it - if it can take the abuse (I'm pretty active and my Casio Pathfinder shows it!). Note: I am not wealthy. I inherited my dad's love of watches but not his generous income. My meager collection of timepieces are all by Swatch, Suunto and Casio.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex Cosmograph.jpg (136.5 KB, 313 views)
Poorwill is offline   Reply With Quote