View Single Post
Old 13 February 2020, 10:18 PM   #1
imbatman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
5712 in less than a year

A couple of years ago I went to Patek to putt my name down for a 5712, the manager told me that it would be impossible to get it. I popped into the store a month later, then again the following month, until finally he agreed to putt my name down.

I kept on going every now and then, until one day he said to me, wire me the money and I will be able to get it for you next month. So I did while I was at the store. 3 weeks later I got a call saying that the watch was here. In total it took around 8 months... 8 months to get a Nautilus 5712. Now, I barely wear the watch since its value in the grey market is absolutely ridiculous.

Later that year I went to see if I could putt my name down on an Aquanaut and the same dealer told me that Patek has instructed them not to putt any name down on any of the sports watches before owning something around USD 150,000 of classic watches.

I remember also the manager saying that they used to get around 6-7 5712 a year before 2018 but now the number has gone down to just 3. I mean, it really shows that Patek are really happy with the current market and they really do not care about who's wearing their watch.
imbatman is offline   Reply With Quote