View Single Post
Old 2 April 2018, 12:37 PM   #18
ink3027
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by busytimmy View Post
.... at Basel 2019 or perhaps 2020. Slimmer lugs, thinner case and new movement please - that would be the cherry on top.

I’ve owned 4 maxi case references, including PM, and all of them were flipped at some point PURELY due to how the square case looked on my 7” wrist. It always just looked like the watch was wearing me, as opposed to me wearing the watch. And it was frustrating to finally realise it, since they’re all great watches.

For now DJ41 and a soon to be added Tudor Blackbay 58 will keep me satisfied.

Anyone else wishing for newer Rolex sport watches closer in dimensions to the 5-digit references of yesteryear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'd love to see it, but I don't think it'll happen, at least in the near future. I think the GMT "redesign" showed us what we need to know -- that the super case is here to stay, at least in the near term.

Have you tried on or worn a new DaytonaC? I ultimately decided that the super case references weren't for me (7" wrist, same as you) but the Daytona fits like a dream. The lugs are much thinner and the overall case is nicely proportioned. I'd recommend giving it a shot.
ink3027 is offline   Reply With Quote