View Single Post
Old 30 August 2017, 06:50 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingbear View Post
I've worn my new 126600 daily since I got it A little over 3 weeks ago. I have noticed that the rotor noise inside is different/louder than any Rolex that I've owned before.
I know that the Calibre 3235 has 90% new parts so one would expect a different feel to the movement but in my years of collecting Rolex a noisy rotor meant time for service and this watch is factory fresh.
Also this watch is running -4 sec/day; I know it's supposed to be +/-2 but I figured in may settle in possible with more wear.
Has anybody else noticed this noise compared to the previous series of movements?
Thanks for responses.
There is nothing wrong with your watch its because now the cal 3235 has a ball-bearing rotor and this type is far nosier than the older sleeve type bearing.And your watch is not supposed to be +/-2 100% every day for life, all it means its been tested on a machine to a precision -2+2, and at time of testing the movement did meet that spec.Much like when they are still tested at the COSC to a AVERAGE -4+6 seconds to get movements chronometer certification result is at time of testing only just to state its passed. Testing to a precision on a timing machine to -2+2 in a controlled environment,can be different to how the movement could perform while on the wrist .There are many variables to over come ,first the movement is constantly affected by the earth's gravity, metal expansion and contraction, temperature variations, subtle changes in lubrication and friction, shocks, mainspring power-reserve and last the owners daily wearing habits.For any mechanical movement to run within a few seconds out of 86400 in a day truly is a mechanical marvel,

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote